FSP Hair Loss
Trichovedic FSP Hair Loss Program
FSP (Follicle Stimulation Program) is the brainchild of John Cook, founder of Trichovedic, Certified Trichologist, hairdresser and product formulator. FSP is for the treatment of senescent hair loss, the general thinning of both hair diameter and density as we grow older*. It is thought that as we age an increasing number of follicles cease to produce hair, resulting in a decrease in follicular density. Another factor that can effect both hair diameter and its growth rate as we age is a fibrosis or hardening of the collagen structure of the follicle. This process can compromise blood flow to the follicle resulting in diminished and less vigorous hair growth.
With decades of experience as a Trichologist and a lifelong fascination with the hair and scalp, John set about researching ingredients that could slow or reverse the hardening of the collagen structure of the follicle and invigorate the cell metabolism rate in the Dermal Papilla zone in the lower area of the follicle. As happens with most great innovations, FSP was originally created for the creator - almost ten years on, and with a daily application of FSP, John’s hair diameter and density is markedly improved and is vastly thicker than it was in his mid fifties.
*FSP may also be helpful in slowing or reversing androgenic alopecia (AGA) a.k.a pattern baldness.
FSP Shampoo and Rinse
A sulphate free preparatory shampoo formulated to gently cleanse and a preparatory conditioning rinse formulated to condition and detangle. Used in combination they will prepare the scalp for the maximum absorption of FSP Intensive Scalp Serum. They contain Kopexil, GP4G and Broad Spectrum Herbal Extract as well as Flaxseed Extract and polymers to add volume and fullness to thinning hair.
The FSP prep Hair + Scalp Shampoo and Rinse are ideally used immediately prior to the application of FSP Intensive Scalp Serum.
After the hair has been shampooed with FSP Hair + Scalp Shampoo and rinsed, Hair + Scalp Rinse should be applied and vigorously massaged into the scalp and left for 2-5 minutes before rinsing out.
FSP Intensive Scalp Serum
An Intensive Scalp Serum formulated with 15,000.00 parts per million Kopexil and 10,000.00 parts per million GP4G and Broad Spectrum Herbal Extract Complex.
The hair should then be lightly dried and FSP Intensive Scalp Serum sprayed directly onto the scalp where there are areas of thinning and vigorously massaged in and left in. The hair can then be styled in the usual manner. FSP Intensive Scalp Serum should be used every day and if not shampooing and conditioning it should be used morning or evening and left in.
When You'll See Results
As our hair grows approximately 1 cm per month it takes some time for visible results to be seen. Usually a visible improvement is noticed/felt after around sixty days. The greatest improvement will usually be noticed after six months.
FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS IT IS ESSENTIAL TO USE FSP INTENSIVE SCALP SERUM ON A DAILY BASIS.
If not shampooing on a daily basis FSP Intensive Scalp Serum should still be applied daily, morning or evening, and left in. When using the FSP Program for the first time it is not unusual to experience a greater shedding of hair than normal for the first few days. This is due to the mechanical action of vigorous massage dislodging hair in the Transitional Phase (Catagen) prior to shedding and the Shedding Phase (Telogen) where the hair falls out.
- KOPEXIL (2-4 Diamino Pyrimidine-3-Oxide) reduces Lysyl Hydroxylase, an enzyme participating in the hardening of the collagen structure of the follicle. Through the softening and improved elasticity of this structure, micro capillary blood ow to the follicle is increased promoting stronger and more vigorous hair growth, particularly in follicles that are becoming compromised.
- GP4G (Artemia Plankton Extract) works at a cellular level in the follicle to stimulate and energise hair growth. GP4G acts as a metabolic promoter and stimulates cell metabolism in the Dermal Papilla zone in the lower area of the follicle promoting faster and stronger hair growth. Laboratory tests have demonstrated that GP4G can stimulate cell viability and increase the rate of hair growth. Kopexil in combination with GP4G provide a dynamic approach in the management of Senescent Hair Loss.
- Two key herbal extracts included to promote general scalp health include Malaleuca Alternia Folia (Tea Tree Oil) and Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail).
During 2014 a six month independent medically supervised trial was conducted to determine the efficacy of the FSP Hair Loss Program. The trial was conducted at the Knudsen Hair Transplantation Clinic in Sydney’s Double Bay, supervised by noted hair transplantation surgeon Dr. Russell Knusden. At the conclusion of the trial, which involved 30 male and female participants who were experiencing senescent hair loss, the following results were noted:
- 67% of participants experienced a reduction or cessation of thinning
- 42% experienced an increase in hair volume
- Increases in hair volume ranged between 5.5% and 11%
Results Worth Protecting
Australian Innovation Patent
In 2011 the Australian Government’s Intellectual Property office granted Trichovedic’s FSP Hair Loss Program an Innovation Patent; a first for an Australian hair care company. Find out more here